- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
IT Procurement Manager, South London (Public Sector)
A chance to join an expanding procurement team at an exciting point in its growth as they embed a category managed approach and move towards focusing more strategically on delivering value for money through high quality supplier arrangements.
A unique opportunity has arisen in London for an experienced IT Procurement Category Manager.
You'll be joining a growing public sector procurement team to take full ownership of the Information & Communication Technology category. The office is located South of the River with excellent transport links. Initially you'll have responsibility for circa £15million of annual spend.
Your profile and background
- You'll be well positioned to assist ICT colleagues (and other colleagues as required) in all aspects of procurement including contract specifications, sourcing options, tendering processes and pricing strategies.
- You'll have extensive experience managing the procurement of ICT systems and services, renewals and extensions to ensure compliance with legal and internal obligations (including GDPR).
- You'll have knowledge and experience of EU Public Procurement Directives and the Public Contract Regulations 2015.
- You'll have a detailed market and technical knowledge of ICT in a business environment and extensive experience of working across multiple IT disciplines, including Hardware, Software and Telecommunications.
- You'll have an excellent understanding of eProcurement/P2P systems together with an appreciation of project management principles and methodologies.
- You'll have a practical working knowledge of public sector tendering and contracting procedures including Framework Agreements.
- You'll have a commitment to Continuing Professional Development and Procurement Best Practice.
The organisation is in a very exciting place with some big projects on the horizon. The procurement team is expanding to move from being a smaller more generalist function to embedding a category managed approach and focusing more pointedly and strategically on delivering value for money through high quality supplier arrangements.
It'll be your responsibility as Category Lead to ensure that procurement support is aligned to the structure, objectives & culture of the function, becoming an enabler to the ICT stakeholder business plan, objectives and deliverables.
In addition to your basic salary you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Choice of 3 competitive Pension Schemes
- Discounts on Gym Membership
- Discounts on Private Healthcare
Please apply now for more information including a detailed job description and salary details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.