- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
A global manufacturing business are recruiting a Procurement Engineer. Applicants need a background in technical purchasing, NPI, or engineering within an electro-mechanical environment.
A global manufacturing business are recruiting a Procurement Engineer. Applicants need a background in technical purchasing, or engineering within an electro-mechanical environment.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Procurement Engineer will join a large team of Buyers responsible for the procurement of raw materials and electro-mechanical items used in the manufacturing process. The Procurement Engineer will manage relationships with a global supply chain, and also work closely with engineering stakeholders to support NPI activities, through the use of Design-to-cost (DTC) and cost down tools.
Specific duties of the Procurement Engineer include:
- Manage commercial relationships with suppliers re: price, lead time and quality
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Raise purchase orders in MRP
- Support initiatives to drive cost out of NPI activities
- Work closely with engineering, using Design-To-Cost (DTC) methodology
- Supplier intelligence, benchmarking and providing support to bid activities
Procurement Engineer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement, estimating, costing, NPI or Engineering experience within electro-mechanical environment
- Experience using an MRP or ERP system
- Previous exposure to engineering - supporting NPI and using Design-to-Cost and cost down tools
- Relationship building skills, both internally and with suppliers
- An understanding of value vs. costs in product designs
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.