- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
senior procurement manager
To lead and manage the procurement of the Early Works consisting in Piling, Design, Surveys, Piling Enabling Works, Consultancy and Engineering agreements.
To lead and manage the procurement of the Early Works consisting in Piling, Design, Surveys, Piling Enabling Works, Consultancy and Engineering agreements. Provide support and advice to the Procurement Manager and direction and supervision to the Procurement Officer.
Facilitate communication between Construction, Engineering, Logistics, Health and Safety, Environmental, BIM, Project Controls, Administration and Cost teams to ensure the compliance with the clients requirements prior to the procurement of any item for the Project.
Experience on large infrastructure projects is a must! Ideally billion £ contracts. Also someone who has lead a large infrastructure project.
- Develop and/or improve Procurement Procedures in compliance with the Project Execution Plan and WI 700; (Subcontracting).
- Aligned with the Procurement Manager, lead and manage the performance of the Early Works procurement by implementing SMART targets, capturing value engineering and innovation, and driving continuous improvement .
- Coordinate and plan the effective and efficient procurement of Early Works subcontracts, sub consultancies, materials, equipment and any associated services.
- Establish procurement best practice including category management and use of global suppliers, if appropriate, to enhance competitiveness.
- Establish and maintain the Tender Event Schedule which meets the requirements of WI 700.
- Ensure that Providers' capability and competence are assessed against the project's required standards and policies.
- Liaise with the Engineering and Construction teams on specification and technical matters.
- Negotiate and place contracts in liaison with the Commercial Manager, Procurement Manager, Construction Manager and Package Manager.
- Develop long term relationships with strategically important suppliers, setting up preferred supplier agreements, frameworks, and call-offs.
- Lead, in conjunction with the Procurement Manager, the development of strategies for the management of the Providers performance risk to enhance the delivery of business objectives.
Specific Safety Responsibilities:
- Review and evaluate tenderers' capabilities related to HS&W compliance.
- Ensure HS&W requirements are key requirements in the subcontractors documentation, in compliance with WI1000 & 1100
Person specificationTechnical competencies
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal), management and organisational skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a construction, commercial or related discipline. Good understanding of EU and UK legislative requirements affecting procurement, in particular responsible procurement.
- A good understanding of NEC 3 Contracts and experience drafting NEC 3 Subcontracts.
- Comprehensive experience in procurement on major projects.
- Fulfils HS2 values: leadership, respect, integrity and safety
- Discharge HS2 behaviours: such as creating an environment where people can do their best work, listening, understanding and being open-minded, being accountable for our actions and taking responsibility for our own and others' HS&W
- Comply with the Core Competencies:
- Engages with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders in pursuit of objectives
- Communicates confidently with a range of people, adapting communication style to have a positive impact
- Drives results by striving to achieve challenging goals, demonstrating resilience and perseverance in the face of adversity
- Demonstrates commitment to developing own and others' professional and industry knowledge
- Demonstrates sound analytical ability, appreciating complex issues and situations
- Demonstrates flexibility in thought and approach, managing multiple competing demands within the wider strategic context
- Qualifications, Certifications & Experience
- Demonstrate previous experience of:
- Establishing and monitoring the procurement process on a similar size project
- Assessment of subcontractors and supplier's ability to perform
- Proven ability to manage teams, ensuring complete success to dedicated tasks.
- Experience in the maintenance of a diverse supply base.
- Experience in the development, implementation, management and updating of procedures.
- Have gained or working towards CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply) or similar.
- Holds a CSCS Card.
- IT literate, knowledge of common procurement systems and processes as well as COINS would be beneficial.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A good working knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and other relevant legislation.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.