- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
My client is currently seeking an individual for an initial 6 month contract to work out of there Havant office. This position requires working knowledge of operational purchasing - preferably in procuring machined or electronic components.
Responsible for ensuring continuous flow of materials inline with MRP requirements - both procuring and expediting as required. Individual must be able to work on own initiative as well as being an interactive part of the team.
- Procures materials from assigned materials per MRP requirements at maximum value consistent with Company requirements to achieve balance between productivity, quality, delivery and cost.
- Resolves problem situations relating to deliveries - system generated, 2nd tier processing, specification and can escalated to the appropriate levels to ensure parts are onsite per MRP demand.
- Has the ability to challenge the supplier on manufacturing techniques and capabilities.
- Working knowledge of Vendor Managed Inventory processes - min/max, consignment etc., including the contract negotiation and administration.
- Monitor and execute requirements via MRP action messages
- Develop materials replenishment methods with the suppliers to further enhance supply
- Expedite (proactive & reactive) to ensure parts arrived to due date
- Effective communication with Supply base to ensure requirements are understood
- Cross functional internal communication to ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Resolve good receiving/invoicing queries as required to ensure continuous flow of materials
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.