- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Barclay Meade are working with a leading manufacturing business based in Guildford, who are seeking a Materials Planner to join them on a permanent basis.
The Material Planners are the first line of contact for suppliers. The main purpose of the Material Planner is to ensure that material is correctly scheduled with the nominated supplier, delivery dates are agreed and monitored, material is delivered OTIF and any identified shortages are prioritised and expedited to delivery to meet the demands of production.
Location - Guildford
Key responsibilities for the position of Material Planner / Material controller -
- Utilise system driven schedule from Syspro and send to the relevant supplier ensuring its credibility by means of analysis against ATP in Syspro
- Raising requisitions, where applicable, for "spot orders" ensuring that the information contained in the requisition matches that in Syspro ATP
- Ensure suppliers send a return schedule confirming deliveries against the schedule for an 8 week minimum period
- Conference calls with suppliers to ensure that correct parts are being delivered to the schedule and agreed cost
- Action and closure of weekly Materials reports to ensure efficient closure of open issues
- Attending internal and external meetings when required, representing materials and/or supply chain
- Progress and resolve any invoice queries raised by finance
- Manage and update shortage list on live Syspro System
- Communicate all changes (Quality, Engineering etc...) to suppliers and ensure there adherence
Key skills and experience required for the position of Material Controller / Material Planner -
- Knowledge of basic planning and inventory control processes, within manufacturing/engineering
- Understanding or manufacturing and engineering
- Strong IT and System skills
- Confidence when dealing with suppliers and relevant stakeholders within a business
- Able to work under pressure
If you have experience working as a Material Controller / Material Planner / Production Planner /Expeditor and are seeking a new challenge, please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.