- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Barclay Meade are working with a leading manufacturing business based in Farnham, who are seeking a Buyer to join them on a permanent basis.
This role represents a unique mix of role with a combination of transactional purchasing administration (POs etc) for a range of complex materials and services, reporting, core 'buyer' activities including helping build and support the existing vendor list and vendor compliance 'health check' related activities including ISO checks and site audits.
Location - Farnham
Salary - circa £32,000
Key responsibilities for the position of Buyer / Procurement Officer -
- Execute/Generate CPSR-compliant purchase orders, based on released bills of material, approved requisitions, requests for proposals, bids and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of commodities or major subcontract items.
- Track, Facilitate and manage assigned supplier issues (i.e. cost, quality, delivery, customer service).
- Manage supplier activities day to day including A/P holds in liaison with the Finance team.
- Identify potential new sources for required materials, helping build evaluation studies for these to support and grow our technical ability.
- Undertake independent price / cost analyses to ensure that 'best price and schedule' are always at the forefront of our capabilities.
- Initiate and follow through on any supplier changes including those relating to Engineering Change Notes (ECNs).
- Work with suppliers and internal colleagues to assess, plan and negotiate best terms and conditions and to minimize risk, both current and future.
- Establish and maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers.
- Resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements. Utilising the support of the Commercial Manager as required.
- Understand demand/spend and schedule profile for project and business areas, and provide this information as necessary.
- Track and report cost savings or potential variances.
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records and auditory compliance.
- Communicate supplier performance metrics including supplier visits where required.
- Be the primary contact between personnel and assigned suppliers.
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company.
- Act as a key member of project teams where needed to provide procurement input, including those related to new product and process development and business improvement within the procurement area.
- Adhoc duties as required including providing holiday cover for linked functions ie Planning
- Responsible to the Operations, Projects and Supply Chain Manager.
Key skills or experience required for the position of Buyer / Procurement Officer -
- Preferred bachelors' degree or equivalent combination of education and industry experience in an equivalent role.
- Ideally CIPS qualified or partially trained.
- Knowledge of procurement regulations (UCC / FAR / DFAR).
- Requires the ability to understand military specs and read blue prints.
- Requires the ability to understand and adhere to all laws pertaining to procurement, contracts, breach by contract, etc.
- Knowledge and use of price and cost analysis.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
If you are an experienced Buyer / Procurement professional, with experience within the defence / engineering / aerospace industries, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.