- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Contract Risk Manager - 6 Month FTC
Barclay Meade are working with a global and dynamic business based local to Basingstoke, who are currently seeking a Contract Risk Manager to join them on a 6 month FTC with potential extension.
The Contract Risk Management team is responsible for all of the companies UK hosted client contracts. All contracts must be legal, profitable, deliverable and billable ensuring they are risk adverse and in accordance with UK, EU and Global playbooks. The team interacts and negotiates with all areas of the business as well as their clients. The team proactively supports and advises the business in winning good business.
Salary - up to £70,000
Location - Basingstoke
Key responsibilities for the position of Contract Risk Manager -
- Review proposed contracts from clients and identify and mitigate risks.
- Discuss and propose alternative drafting to resolve differences of opinion.
- Be a key contractual interface for client agreements, ensuring compliance with corporate governance for a wide range of IT related deliverables.
- Assist with and provide guidance on contracts for sub-contractors, vendors and partners to ensure flow-down of client terms to subordinate agreements.
- Assist the bid team by reviewing terms within bid documents and advise on legal terms and their impact on the bid.
- Review, update and draft contract and service schedule templates and maintain legal and regulatory compliance.
- Clearly identify contractual risks and possible mitigation prior to contract signature.
- Maintain a contract database to manage the contract lifecycle and report on risk.
Skills and experience required for the position of Contract Risk Manager -
- The team requires a balanced mixture of legal / commercial qualifications and extensive business experience.
- A proven track record with the understanding of contractual terms & conditions and have the ability to identify and manage associated risks.
- In depth knowledge of and ability to comply with appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills to achieve the desired results.
- Knowledge and understanding of the IT industry and business needs
- Strong negotiation skills to ensure solutions and agreements meet both client and business objectives
- Possess excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and employ these skills to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Use initiative to drive innovation and identify potential opportunities and risks within commercial models
- Law Degree or LPC / IACCM desirable but not essential
If you are an experienced Contracts Manager / Contracts Officer / Solicitor, with experience dealing with large value contracts within the Information Services / IT industry, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.