- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Site Procurement Leader
A global life sciences business require a Site Procurement Leader. Applicants need sourcing expertise in life sciences, pharma or regulated manufacturing sector, leadership skills, and experience of implementing operational procurement processes.
A global life sciences organisation require a Site Procurement Leader. Applicants need sourcing expertise in life sciences, pharma or a regulated manufacturing sector, leadership attributes and experience of implementing operational procurement processes.
The Site Procurement Leader will be responsible for designing and implementing operational purchasing and materials management strategies. Supporting a Sourcing Director and working closely with Category Management teams, the Site Procurement Leader will provide operational support to achieve strategic procurement objectives. Responsible for a team of Buyers, the Site Procurement Lead will require excellent people management skills, and the gravitas to successfully engage stakeholders. The Site Procurement Lead will be responsible for a spend of c£35M across 300 SKU items, including biologicals, chemicals, packaging, 3rd party manufacturing and plastic components.
Specific duties of the Site Procurement Leader include:
- Develop a materials management focus on effective supply, fulfilment and optimised inventory levels
- Execute and manage contracts with suppliers
- Ownership of savings and vendor performance tracking tools
- Drive cost reduction activities in-line with global sourcing strategies
- Manage Buyers responsible for order management process
- Implement CI, LEAN and process improvement across; sourcing practices, material availability, stock levels etc.
Site Procurement Leader applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement, Sourcing, Supply chain or Materials Management experience, at a leadership level
- Experience within the; pharmaceutical, food, life sciences, chemicals, medical devices or manufacturing sector
- Experience of managing operational procurement processes around; inventory, availability and delivery
- Excellent leadership, gravitas and stakeholder engagement experience
- CIPS, Degree, Business or Supply Chain qualification - preferred
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.