- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Supply Chain Supervisor
Barclay Meade are working with a Global manufacturing company based in Surrey who require a Supply Chain Supervisor to provide support and assistance to the Supply Chain Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global company who are leaders in their industry. The Supply Chain supervisor will ensure smooth day-to-day running of all Supply Chain areas, whilst also supporting a team of 2 Planners and a Senior Buyer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Procuring the raw materials, components, finished goods and related materials.
- Establishing the supply plan to meet customer requirements and maximise inventory turns showing good understanding of stock control and A,B,C analysis.
- Relationship management with supply base, carrying out regular updates of performance metrics.
- Challenge costs and delivery to improve business metrics.
- Day to day supervision of Supply Chain team
- Support future development of the team utilising PDR's, training matrices and coaching.
- Deputising for Supply Chain Manager as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in procurement/supply chain from a manufacturing background.
- Previous experience of MRP/ERP systems (preferably SAP).
- CIPS Level 4 +.
- Highly organised with attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills (oral and written).
- Interpersonal skills - ability to lead, influence and be part of a team.
- Previous experience in leading a team is highly desirable.
- Relationship building skills and ability to communicate with many different types of people.
- Excellent negotiating skills and experience with supplier agreements.
- Problem solving skills and knowledge of lean manufacturing.
- Progress chasing and expediting skills.
- Excellent IT skills (Excel, word, email).
If you are a confident and experienced Supply Chain professional who is looking to join a company which offers long-term career prospects, please submit your CV for a confidential discussion.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.