- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
A global manufacturing business are recruiting a Buyer. Applicants need purchasing experience as a Buyer within a manufacturing or engineering environment, and ideally be MRP/ERP literate.
A global manufacturing business are recruiting a Buyer. Applicants need purchasing experience as a Buyer within a manufacturing environment, and ideally be MRP/ERP literate.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer will join a large team of Buyers responsible for the procurement of raw materials and electro-mechanical items used in the manufacturing process. The Buyer will manage relationships with a global supply chain, and also work closely with engineering stakeholders to support NPI activities, through the use of Design-to-cost (DTC) and cost down tools.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Manage commercial relationships with suppliers re: price, lead time and quality
- Negotiation with suppliers
- Raise purchase orders in MRP
- Support initatives to drive cost out of NPI activities
- Work closely with engineering, using Design-To-Cost (DTC) methodology
- Supplier intelligence, benchmarking and providing support to bid activities
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Purchasing, Supply Chain or experience as a Buyer within a manufacturing or engineering business
- Experience using an MRP or ERP system
- Previous exposure to engineering - supporting NPI and using Design-to-Cost and cost down tools
- Experience working with BOMs, engineering change or technical drawings
- Relationship building skills, both internally and with suppliers
- Willingness to travel to other UK manufacturing facilities bi-monthly
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.