- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- About us
- Contact us
You'll be building relationships with a variety of key stakeholders across the company and with a mix of influencing skills and commercial understanding.
A key part of the role is about executing strategic, complex procurement activities that requires an experienced supply chain professional. This can cover the length of the procurement process from developing category strategies through to running tenders and then negotiating contracts. You must be comfortable and have experience in drafting clauses in contracts and reviewing supplier qualifications with limited Legal input.
This is an ideal role for someone who has obtained considerable procurement experience across a breadth of categories, and is looking to apply this in a new, dynamic environment.
- Develop a procurement plan with individual stakeholders and seek agreement from key stakeholders. Communicate this agreed plan across the company and drive key defined deliverables. Ensure stakeholder engagement and 'buy in' from stakeholders in areas of accountability
- Identify cost saving opportunities and alternative solutions. Challenge the value for money of proposed expenditure and seek agreement to alternative solutions
- Lead on ITTs / RFPs, ensure ongoing communication with key stakeholders and highlight any risks
- Review and communicate on ad-hoc purchase / service orders
- Negotiate and review contracts, including legal terms, deliverables, commercials and performance incentivisation. Review contracts, identify where accountabilities of external parties are not being upheld, escalate as appropriate to key stakeholders
Preferably educated to degree level; or
HND in Business, Finance, Procurement; or
Suitable equivalent experience through on the job training and development in lieu
Working towards or fully qualified MCIPS
Producing market sector or category strategies
Drafting and reviewing contracts, including having had contract law training
Financial (i.e. able to analyse company accounts, develop total cost own ownership and should cost models
Be able to 'sell' procurement through tactful, helpful interpersonal skills rather than 'enforcing' it
- ERP / P2P systems
- Commercial incentivisation schemes
- Supplier performance management - setting KPIs, chairing review meetings, enacting performance improvement initiatives
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.