- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Procurement Engineer / NPI Buyer
A global manufacturing business require a Procurement Engineer. Applicants need a blend of supplier/procurement and technical/engineering knowledge and expertise, which is predominately electro-mechanical.
A global manufacturing business require a Procurement Engineer. Applicants need a blend of supplier/procurement and technical/engineering knowledge and expertise, which is predominately electro-mechanical, to support NPI activities.
The Procurement Engineer will work as part of a multi-discipline NPI project team, responsible for introducing new products to market, in a timely and cost effective manner. The Procurement Engineer will help the team; understand concepts, configure design and establish relationships with suitable supply chain partners. The Procurement Engineer will also support value analysis activities should products/projects be completed, over-budget.
The Procurement Engineer will offer the business both commercial and technical expertise in the fields of; mechatronics, robotics and automation. Using their technical understanding of; motor drives, control systems, actuation, encoders, sensors, bearings and pneumatics, the Procurement Engineer will ensure the business collaborates with the most suitable supply chain partners.
Specific duties of the Procurement Engineer include:
- Provide supplier knowledge, material estimates and costings to NPI team
- Promote "design-to-cost" methodology
- Ensure early engagement of suppliers in the NPI process
- Support NPI team to ensure integrity and clarity of engineering drawings
- Involvement in supplier qualification and selection process
- Report on project costs throughout NPI process
Applicants to the Procurement Engineer position should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement, estimating, costing, NPI or Engineering experience within electro-mechanical environment
- Understanding of mechatronics, robotics, automation market from technical and commercial perspective
- Experience in managing supplier relationships in a NPI environment
- An understanding of value vs. costs in product designs
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplined NPI team
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.