- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Tactical Procurement Specialist
This role is specifically to react to procurement requirements within a large client contract. This site is the centre of the two nuclear new build reactors where the client are installing the Electrical infrastructure across the site.
This means the role holder will have a dynamic portfolio ranging across many different materials and services to deliver infrastructure projects.
Supporting the Tactical Procurement Team, you will play a key role in establishing and developing contracts within the client. As a Buyer/Tactical Procurement Specialist you will be responsible for procuring, awarding and delivering contracts to an agreed strategy using acknowledged practices and mechanisms. You will deliver a demonstrable, high quality, timely and consistent service both internally and externally. You will be customer focussed, professional and commercially minded. Be able to deliver innovative solutions to support the business in a cost efficient manner within applicable governance and relevant legislation. Your remit will be broad to accommodate the needs of the business on a wider scale but your work may include:
- Procurement of Consumable materials
- Reactive sourcing activities
- Analysis of active and expiring contracts
- Internal responses to procurement requirements
- Category analysis and management
- System and vendor management
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong self-organisational capabilities
- Ability to work under own initiative & demonstrate understanding of continuous improvement and team working
- Good level of PC literacy, with the ability to learn and use a variety of systems with fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Ability to work in a pressured environment as part of a highly focused team
- Able to influence & challenge internal stakeholders and co-workers, as well as the ability to decant measurable business needs
- Have a understanding of strategic sourcing execution, i.e. cost, price and financial analysis, internal & external market analysis, category strategy, market testing and innovation.
- Supplier relationship management
- Project and time management skills
- Educated to degree level with focus on procurement, engineering or business studies.
- Working knowledge of industry standard contracts, i.e. NEC3
- Previous experience of procurement/purchasing
- Previous experience of a regulated company
- Working towards CIPS qualification or equivalent
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.