- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Barclay Meade are working with a global IT business based in central London, seeking a Contracts Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
The role of Contracts Manager is to support the Head of Legal by providing practical advice and support to sales and management teams on commercial and legal matters to ensure the interests of the business are protected and supported.
This is a new role in response to expanded demand for legal support from the business. The successful candidate will be expected to work with the Head of Legal and the wider business team to "bed in" the role.
As this is a small team in a growing business, the candidate must be able to get up to speed quickly and be prepared to be flexible and adaptable in responding to the changing needs of the business.
Key responsibilities for the position of Contracts Manager -
- Provide practical advice, guidance and support on contract terms and legal issues including legal obligations and risks.
- Review, draft and negotiate terms in a variety of agreements including supplier contract agency and customer contracts and service provision agreements.
- Negotiate contract terms with customers and suppliers in line with business requirements and company policies to ensure agreements are commercially reasonable and in the business's interests.
- Manage and maintain company's contracts register, including all customer and supplier agreements to ensure all key terms are readily accessible and all agreements captured centrally.
- Work closely with the procurement department to on-board new suppliers for our tactical sourcing sector of the business;
- Pro-actively handle incoming queries from the business on contract issues, contract performance and compliance;
- Researching legal and regulatory issues which arise from time to time to ensure advice remains current;
- Dealing with global supplier base.
- Ensure contractual terms are up to date with any changes in business requirements, identifying terms which are unreasonable, or unenforceable.
- Maintain a repository of all legal documentation for the business
- Takes responsibility for their own continuing professional development
Key skills and experience required for the position of Contracts Manager -
- Legal training (for-example, law degree, LPC, GDL) to enable good understanding and application of legal principles - Preferable
- In house experience across commercial agreements, preferably in the IT industry;
- Good knowledge of contract law;
- Good business judgement, understands commercial pressures and implications;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in particular able to communicate appropriately with key stakeholders without using jargon or overly legalistic language to facilitate good understanding by all parties;
- Able to write clear, concise and understandable communications include legal agreements and associated correspondence;
- Good negotiation skills, able to use appropriate skills and knowledge to facilitate positive business outcomes and maintain positive relations with customers and suppliers;
If you are an experienced Contracts Manager and are seeking a new opportunity, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.