- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
An automotive manufacturing company are looking for a buyer to come in and be a key addition to their procurement team.
The successful appointee ensure the end-to-end management of the supply chain of a designated group of commodities and services in fast-paced manufacturing environment. As the buyer, you will negotiate with suppliers to maximise commercial advantage via the sourcing strategies. At the same time, minimising the commercial risks by implementing vigorous commercial and contractual terms.
Market awareness, technical knowledge, good SRM and the ability to build stakeholder relationships are essential elements for this role. A commercially driven individual with previous procurement experience with the ambition to drive savings, make a difference and challenge existing and future plans for the organisations growth.
- Delivering defined commercial initiatives to the business and communicating results to senior management
- Managing multiple projects and consistently delivering outstanding results
- Leading the development category specific commercial strategies
- Build and manage commercial assessment models
- Building and developing long-term business relationships, both internal and external.
Skills and Experiences
- 3 years' experience within a procurement environment
- Ability to lead negotiations to a beneficial conclusion
- Good commercial acumen
- Ability to influence and communicate with others from peer group to senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven negotiation capability
- Demonstrate good problem solving skills with high levels of tenacity
- Formalise supplier agreements to optimise the balance between Quality, cost and delivery
- Supplier evaluation, selection and management
- Conduct annual negotiations with supplier to maximise supply chain performance.
- CIPS (preferred)
- Advanced EXCEL (preferred)
- MRP system awareness.
- Shift Pattern: Mon-Thurs 7.30 to 4.30. Fri 7.30 to 12.30
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.