- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Customer Marketing and Behaviour Change Lead
To lead the strategic development of 3 year, outcomes focused, customer and user communications and behaviour change strategies and plans across the agreed portfolio of work that are innovative, effective and prioritised.
The jobholder will help set the direction and vision across their portfolio, ensuring alignment with the customer communications and behaviour change strategy, personally leading the more complex and highest priority integrated teams to deliver these strategies and plans.
Once quantified outcomes and budgets are agreed for the portfolio, the jobholder will be fully accountable for the overall outcomes, cost, channel selection, strategic and message alignment across all channels, creative execution and delivery.
The job holder is also responsible for the quality standards across their portfolio for broadcast, digital and social media advertising, marketing CRM, hoardings, exhibitions, F2F, leafleting and other relevant educational and training materials.
Fully accountable for:
1 Developing 3 year (rolling) customer and user communications and behaviour change strategies and plans across the agreed portfolio, ensuring alignment with the 3 year, pan customer communications and behaviour change strategy;
- Ensuring that other channel owners have the opportunity to contribute to strategies and plans, understand the agreed vision and have translated it accurately into deliverables across their channels;
3.Leading the delivery of integrated communications and behaviour change across the agreed portfolio, helping to ensure the clients customers - including businesses, schools and colleges and visitors - see us as one joined up organisation;
4.Overseeing the delivery of all marketing communications and behaviour change programmes through inspiring leadership of integrated teams, ensuring that outputs meet the agreed cost and quality standards across the portfolio, including channel selection, budget allocation by channel and having clear outcomes in place;
5.Ensuring that proper feedback loops are in place to help teams learn from previous experiences and that the right mix of operational and marketing specific data is used to evaluate success, helping future prioritisation and specifying future outcomes;
6.Leading and developing a small team, managing their performance and ensuring capability exists to support integrated teams, the portfolio's customer communications and behaviour change strategies and delivery of the agreed plans;
Considerable experience at a senior level of planning and leading the delivery of complex, outcomes focused customer communications campaigns to deliver a variety of objectives - including behaviour change, reputation management and generating revenue and sales.
Considerable contract / supplier management experience, particularly across creative agency and media agency sectors;
Considerable experience of leading, developing and managing teams and individuals to drive performance, capability and engagement whilst improving diversity.
- Considerable knowledge of customer communications and behaviour change strategy and the role that communications can play - alongside other levers - in delivering behaviour change, reputation management and revenue generation.
- Considerable knowledge of all core marketing communications channels, above and below the line (including TV, radio, press, posters), face to face, direct mail, on line, digital, social media, research and evaluation techniques.
- Understanding of emerging good practice in transport in the UK and globally and the legislative and policy environments.
- Good knowledge of other channels including PR / news, stakeholder engagement and how to engage with our people.
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant marketing, communications or business management subject or suitable equivalent professional experience.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.