- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
A leading aerospace manufacturer is looking for an experienced buyer for a initial 6 month period.
The buyer will be managing a number of suppliers and be required to handle the day to day procurement requirements of the company.
Buyer - Contractor
The role requires the management and coordination of all purchasing requirements for an aerospace manufacturing company across a defined list of supplier's. Typically, this will involve purchasing to MRP requirements with an expected level ofspend in the region of £10m per annum.
The role will also require a significant level of interaction with both internal and external stakeholders as partof a cross functional team, therefore the ability to build effective relationships is a fundamental requirement.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Act as the focal point for all day to day purchasing requirements across an agreed range of suppliers;
- Work with suppliers to ensure deliveries are on-time, in full and aligned with the needs of the business;
- Support Operations in the achievement of production targets, including the pro-active management ofmaterial shortages;
- Re-scheduling (out) of material in line with changes to the production plan;
- Escalate, where appropriate, any significant issues that require management intervention or awareness;
- Work with suppliers
Candidate skills & requirements
- Previous experience in Supply Chain Management or related area;
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
- Must have excellent analytical, numerical and planning skills;
- Previous management of Supplier schedules and operational procurement desirable;
- Experience within a production control system in either a lean manufacturing environment or Planning /Purchasing area would be advantageous;
- CIPS accreditation (or working towards);
- Previous knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.
- Previous experience within the aerospace or automotive industry
- Temporary Contract period 6 months
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.