- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
An international engineering business are recruiting a Senior Buyer. Applicants need strategic procurement experience (negotiation, vendor management etc.), within an engineering of manufacturing environment.
The Senior Buyer will join a newly-formed, and forward thinking Procurement & Supply Chain function. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for leading all strategic procurement activities. This is an "end-to-end" procurement role, where the Senior Buyer will; select, negotiate, award contracts and lead on-going supplier and contract management activities with the supply chain. The supply chain are predominately subcontract machinists, fabricators and suppliers of engineered and small components.
Specific duties of the Senior Buyer include:
- Assess the current supply chain; re-negotiating terms where applicable and investigating alternative sources of supply
- Supplier selection - assessment, auditing and benchmarking activities
- Forge closer relationships with Design and Quality colleagues - understand what they need form the supply chain
- Negotiation and establishment long-term supply agreements with the supply chain
- Vendor management via; KPIs, review meetings, and forming business partner relationships
Senior Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Strategic procurement expertise (negotiation, supplier management and commercial acumen)
- Experience working within a technical engineering, or manufacturing environment
- Ideally Part CIPS, or CIPS qualified
- Relationship builder - confident in engaging with senior stakeholders, and supply chain partners
- Ability to support a newly-formed procurement function, helping establish process and systems
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.