- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Procurement Assistant / Junior Buyer
Barclay Meade are working with a global company based in Fleet, who are seeking a Procurement Assistant / Junior Buyer to join their purchasing function on a permanent basis.
Our client is seeking someone who holds strong supplier management skills, has a knowledge of procurement processes and is keen to study towards becoming MCIPS qualified.
Location - Fleet
Salary - up to £23,000 + CIPS sponsorship
Key responsibilities of the Procurement Assistant / Junior Buyer -
- To work with suppliers & internal stakeholders to ensure all Purchase Orders have been acknowledged & contract details received within agreed OLA's, in line with client expectations
- Ensure relevant information is added to the Order Management Tool & SAP in accordance with established procedures and timescales to achieve customer SLA's
- To monitor open purchase orders, provide relevant reports with updates within agreed timeframes
- To resolve any discrepancies & queries and escalate accordingly where necessary, whilst minimising risk to the client and Dimension Data
- To receipt purchase orders within agreed timeframes
- To resolve Invoice queries within agreed timeframes to ensure on time supplier payments
- Procure equipment and 3rd party UK support contracts to fulfil sales orders in accordance with established procedures and timescales to achieve customer SLA
- Provide input and feedback for supplier reviews
Provide assistance and support with any other daily or project based procurement activities
Key skills/experience required for the position of Procurement Assistant / Junior Buyer -
- Working towards MCIPS or willingness to study towards a procurement related course
- Ideally previous procurement experience desirable
- Understanding supplier procurement tools such as Cisco & Alcatel would be a bonus
- Good interpersonal skills
- Sound academic record
- Good communication skills at varying levels
- Good relationship & stakeholder management skills
If you are keen on a career within procurement, and have a knowledge of purchasing processes, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.