- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Category Buyer - Managed Services
My client, a global IT infrastructure business based in Fleet, are seeking a Category Buyer to join their procurement function.
The role of Category Buyer / Procurement Assistant is to assist the Procurement Manager with all operational managed services procurement buying activities and the associated sales order process within our supply chain, influencing stakeholders and delivering a range of objectives, operational processes and spend compliance.
Location - Fleet
Salary - up to £30,000
Key responsibilities of the Category Buyer / Procurement Assistant -
- Procure equipment and 3rd party UK support contracts to fulfil sales orders in accordance with established procedures and timescales to achieve customer SLA
- Work with both European and Global teams to ensure efficient and cost effective back out of UK business
- Negotiate / ensure best price and service to achieve maximum profit whilst monitoring spend compliance and exceptions with minimised risk
- Ensure support back offs occur with technology orders where applicable
- Ensure relevant information is added to the Purchase Order (service levels, asset data, locations etc.)
- Negotiate annual price for individual back off's ensuring service levels & commercial risk are transferred to supplier when appropriate
- Generate and log savings
- Obtain Order & Contract confirmations from Vendors in timely manner, resolve queries and escalate issues
- Report / escalate supplier issues
- Accountable for managing Purchase Orders raised to delivery and receipting
Key skills / Experience required for the position of Category Buyer / Procurement Assistant -
- General IT product knowledge
- 2 + years experience within procurement
- PC Literate, SAP, MS Office knowledge
- Good understanding of operational processes
- Numerate, commercially astute, deadline driven motivated with attention to detail
- Ability to influence & persuade
- Quick thinking, self-driven, positive and motivated
- Analytical and process drive
- Ability to demonstrate key attributes of
- Driven to succeed
- Adaptability & Integrity
- Client & people focused
- Passion & energy
- Team player
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set for the position of Category Buyer / Procurement Assistant, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.