- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
FMCG / Retail Buyer
A luxury retail / manufacturing business require a Buyer. Applicants need; Far East, retail, component or NPD purchasing experience, commercial acumen and the ability to build relationships.
The Buyer will primarily be responsible for purchasing components from the Far East - from supplier selection, negotiation and on-going vendor management. Joining a progressive and forward-thinking Buying team, the Buyer will also work closely with product designers to support the introduction of new products and ranges. The Buyer will offer advice on material costs and estimates, and ensuring the supply chain is fit to support NPD activities.
Specific duties of the Buyer include:
- Procurement - supplier selection, negotiation and on-going vendor management
- New Product Development - Work with designers and suppliers to develop new products
- Market Research - investigate and estimate market, supplier and competitor, material costs / prices
- Reporting - Prepare weekly sales and merchandising reports
- Targets - Work towards cost reduction targets
Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Purchasing or Product Development experience within a FMCG or retail business
- Experience working with a global supply chain - particularly suppliers in the Far East
- The ability to negotiate and build strong relationships with suppliers
- Analytical mind
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.