- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Technical Business Manager - Transmission & Driveline
Barclay Meade are working with an automotive consultancy business who are expanding the team to include a Technical Business Manager to commercially develop relationships and new business opportunities.
The Technical Business Manager can either be based at Leamington Spa or Cambridge and will primarily be working on opportunities within the Passenger Car sector within the field of Transmission and Driveline systems.
You will be able to demonstrate good technical know-how coupled with strong commercial leadership in developing business opportunities. Also key will be an ability to work towards creating compelling project proposals which illustrate the value to customers.
Key deliverables for the role include:
- The ability to understanding the client's business to a deeper level, including their organisation, financial decision-making process in order to best create and sell solutions that respond to Key value drivers.
- Embed yourself within the client's industry, including industry trends, financial measurements, key players and competitors.
- Working with the business to defining and consult on new business streams and developing associated selling strategies through collaboration with the global team.
- Act as lead in developing business opportunities with relevant material and preparing proposals in response to Request For Quotations.
- Direct responsibility for development of commercial offers through to order conversion including successful contract negotiations.
- Support the delivery of assigned projects by providing continuity of contact from contract award to programme completion.
- Developing and maintaining client network and relationships
- Support continual development of Ricardo technology strategy and product offerings for the Passenger Car business based on market knowledge.
Candidate background & experience desired:
- Good, strong technical background within the passenger vehicle areas
- Strong experience commercially having ideally come from a technical background.
- Good experience working to put together proposals for programmes of work / projects.
- Strong track record of engineering projects, product development in the automotive sector.
- Ideally some previous experience or knowledge relating to electrified powertrain systems and their control.
- Flexibility and a willingness to travel
- Strong project management skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who may be in a Commercial Manager / Business Development / Sales Manager / Programme Manager position who's keen to help drive a business forward by taking the lead not only on the new business elements but also to work with the business to grow the technology portfolio and capability to support what is yet to come in the sector.
For further information, or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.