- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Contact us
Technical Business Manager - Motorcycles
Barclay Meade are working with a large technical engineering business who are looking to extend and expand their portfolio of business within the Motorcycle field. They are seeking two individuals, one based in the UK and one from Italy.
The Technical Business Manager will be responsible for developing new business opportunities within the Motorcycle and Person Transport Market sector. This will include involvement in new and emerging technologies such as Electric motors and hybrid systems.
The role would suit a sales or business development professionals who is also commercially minded and able to assist with and contribute to the bids and tenders process, with a passion for Motorcycles and/or progressive personal transportation technology.
You will be responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships which will result in excellent customer service, retention, improved sales and ongoing customer loyalty.
Regular client visits will be encouraged and expected in order to deliver the personal touch and create/maintain an embedded service to clients. You will be guiding their journey and be expected to be the go-to person for their representation internally within the business.
Everyday tasks will also include:
- Provision of technical and commercial leadership in proposal development.
- Developing relationships at Engineering and Manager levels.
- Close interaction internally across all engineering functions to steer efforts in winning and retaining customer business.
- Responsible for maximising the short- and long-term business opportunity through building excellent working relationships with customer purchasing, engineering and customer management teams
- Building trust in the company's technical capability and delivery reliability with the customer.
- Lead the development of compelling, value-based proposals, develop appropriate pricing strategies and lead the proposal approval process through to order conversion
- Ownership for the commercial relationship between the customer and company
- Continuous dialogue with the decision-makers of the customer to establish a strong and consistent strategic collaboration/relationship
- Support project acquisition by using the Value Selling approach
- Overseeing project delivery as "customer friend"
- Effectively communicate the Voice of the Customer internally
- Be the main point of contact for the customer purchasing/engineering and technical teams and ensure timely responses to RFQs
You will have a well-developed business acumen, and ability to develop strong relationships both with customers and internally. You are expected to have a good knowledge of products, market trends, and product development in the Motorcycle and Person Transportation/Urban Mobility industry. Knowledge of battery electric vehicles would be an advantage, but is not essential. Key attributes include:
- A high degree of customer focus and capability to handle a range of customer situations
- Technical gravitas in their field of expertise and good knowledge of associated fields
- Energetic, confident, outgoing and good at managing both external and internal relationships
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a persuasive personality
- Able to present the right image with customers (appearance and behaviour)
- Ability to work on their own initiative and to organise and prioritise their own workload
- Tenacity and quick to seize every opportunity
- Team player
- Creative: able to come up with strong value propositions
- An aptitude to provide a strong level of leadership and ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplined teams to develop new business opportunities (appropriate coaching will be provided)
- Strong personal drive and motivation to succeed
- A strong level of patience in dealing with clients and team situations coupled with an ability to accept and positively respond to frequent changes
- An ability to work at times under pressure and very tight time scales
- Demonstrated strong commercial and business development skills, or a strong desire and potential to develop these skills through on-the-job and structured training
- Organised, disciplined and conscientious about routine paper and process work
This is a really exciting role working within the advancement of Motorcycle Technology and a fantastic chance for someone to make their passion, their job.
Please apply for further information to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.