Find your new role
Procurement Category Manager - Projects & Engineering
My client is looking for a Procurement Category Manager, who has experience working withing the Oil & Gas/Energy Industry.
Key skills required for this role
Procurement Category Manager
Procurement Category Manager - O&G
You will be a part of a newly created procurement team and looking after the Projects & Engineering category. Which will involve the following:
- Integrity management
- Electrical, Control & Implementation
- Fabrication & Construction
- Rotating & Engineered Equipment
- Engineering Projects and Services
Knowledge, qualifications, and experience:
- Degree in Economics, Supply chain or related discipline
- Extensive experience in procurement: Category manager; Procurement manager, contracts manager or similar
- Track record of proven delivery sourcing and managing technical categories (projects, engineering, operations & maintenance is a plus)
- Experience in strategic sourcing across multiple categories with a demonstrable track record of delivering value to business
- Experience in pre-award and post award contract management.
- Demonstrable experience developing and negotiating contractual arrangements
- Experience in supplier performance / relationship management
- Experience of building stakeholder relationships to leverage best commercial advantage in line with business needs, company values and best practice
- Oil & Gas experience (preferred)
- Self-motivated with ability to execute strategy to reach business objectives.
- Good communicator and negotiator with ability to influence change across all stakeholders, internal and external
- Capable of prioritising to action what really matters and meet changing and diverse business needs.
- Critical thinking needed to manage and improve procurement processes
- Team working and collaboration is key in this role to help ensure the smooth running of the company's procurement activities.
- Adaptable and flexible, applies experience and skills with relevance to organisational scale and culture
- Good organisational abilities