Find your new role
Course Designer - Weapons
Embark on a New Mission: Transforming Careers! 🚢
Key skills required for this role
Are you a Armourer, Multi skilled mechanical engineer or have a background with weapons engineering with a passion for shaping the next generation? Your journey to becoming an Course Designer starts here!
Destination: Cutting-edge Innovation
Join the ranks of a major defence contractor leading the charge in industrial excellence, specialising in weapons, military electronics, and beyond. Picture yourself at the forefront of air travel management, digital transformation, and complex weapon systems. Your expertise will empower our armed forces, ensuring air power dominance and space domain awareness. This isn't just a job; it's a mission to keep Britain at the pinnacle of technological advancement! There is excellent scope for career progression, and you will have an exciting journey along the way.
Opportunity Awaits: Weapons Course Designer
The Weapons Course Designer will also be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of armaments courses both small arms and major platforms such as Challenger 2 and AS90. The Course Designer would also be required to work on the weapons underpinning academic courses and management courses.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Design and develop training courses from Training Objectives (TOs) produced by our client.
- Produce controlled Course Training Package (CTP) documents for both equipment and career courses primarily in the armaments/weapons discipline in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training.
- Produce and evaluate précis, examinations and assessment packages
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager
- Deliver pilot courses with instructors (where necessary)
- Review existing training materials in order to work towards course design improvements and efficiency's.
- Evaluate requirements and need for new training aids and advise on purchase of training aids.
- Review suitability of e-learning.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- HNC/HND or equivalent in mechanical Engineering
- Teaching Qualification or Defence Train The Trainer Course would be desirable but not essential
- Engineering teaching experience in further education would be an advantage
Perks of the Journey: Your Standard Benefits Package
✈️ Generous holiday allowance
🌐 Contributory Pension Scheme
🌟 Life Assurance
🎁 Flexible Benefits scheme.
💰 Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
👨👩👧👦 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
🕒 37hr standard working week
Ready to embark on a career-changing adventure? Apply now with our defence training specialist, Lena, at 01489 882603. Your next mission awaits! 🌟 #InstructorOpportunity #CareerAdventure