Find your new role
Weapons Instructor (Engineering)
Embark on a New Mission: Transforming Careers! 🚢
Key skills required for this role
Are you a Armourer, Multi skilled mechanical engineer or have a background with weapons engineering with a passion for shaping the next generation? Your journey to becoming an Instructor starts here!
Destination: Cutting-edge Innovation
Join the ranks of a major defence contractor leading the charge in industrial excellence, specialising in weapons, military electronics, and beyond. Picture yourself at the forefront of air travel management, digital transformation, and complex weapon systems. Your expertise will empower our armed forces, ensuring air power dominance and space domain awareness. This isn't just a job; it's a mission to keep Britain at the pinnacle of technological advancement! There is excellent scope for career progression, and you will have an exciting journey along the way.
Opportunity Awaits: Weapons Instructor
The Weapons Instructor will be teaching students in all aspects of the trade, stripping and assembling, fault finding & repairs on most of the current in-service weapon systems. The successful candidate will work within the existing training team delivering high quality military apprentice training.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- To prepare relevant training material to provide relevant Weapons Training
- Maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment, and new training delivery methodologies.
- Ensure that lesson plans and training sessions are developed in accordance with the approved training Documentation and reviewing course content
- Assessment of trainees to include written examination and practical assessments.
- Creation of practical assessment/examination scenario and continuous assessments.
- Marking of examination papers, setting and marking of course and homework, invigilation of examination and assessments.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of trainees to best support their learning experience.
- Ensuring student development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and addressing any special student developmental needs.
- Student administration including course reports and student training records.
- To be responsible for the duty of care of trainees during the delivery of training.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Qualified minimum CGLI City & Guilds part 3 or above, NVQ Level 3 in engineering or equivalent military qualification.
- Teaching Qualification or Defence Train The Trainer Course would be desirable but not essential
- Engineering teaching experience in further education would be an advantage
Perks of the Journey: Your Standard Benefits Package
✈️ Generous holiday allowance
🌐 Contributory Pension Scheme
🌟 Life Assurance
🎁 Flexible Benefits scheme.
💰 Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
👨👩👧👦 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
🕒 37hr standard working week
Ready to embark on a career-changing adventure? Apply now with our defence training specialist, Lena, at 01489 882603. Your next mission awaits! 🌟 #InstructorOpportunity #CareerAdventure