Find your new role
A leading business based in Newport, Wales is looking to recruit for a Production Planner/Scheduler on a full-time permanent basis.
Key skills required for this role
materials, production, scheduling, planning, manufacturing
Proven experience within a planning or scheduling role, manufacturing background is essential
A leading business based in Newport, Wales is looking to recruit for a Production Planner/Scheduler on a full-time
Role - Production Planner/Scheduler
Type - Permanent
Locations - Newport, Wales
Salary - Competitive (DOE)
Key responsibilities for Production Planner/Scheduler and will not be limited to:
- Participate in the Integrated Program Team (IPT) and understand the program milestone plan and customer requirements.
- Carry out all production control activities to support the Industrialisation of new programs in line with the program milestone plan for development, confidence test, PDR, CDR, certification test articles and up to SS01
- Generate visibility reports for all build activities in a timely fashion and identify all shortages for program build stages
- Raise production orders and refresh them in line with Program requirements and manage them through their lifecycle in case of late BOM changes for the relevant build stages
- Raise rework orders when required
- Maintain Production Order Bill of Material for adhoc requests
- Collaborate with Industrialisation team to provide forecast completion dates for lower level builds
- Coordinate expedite activities with respective functional owners
- Provide visibility of demand to MU / FAL Production Control team for outstanding deliverables and request forecast completion dates.
- Coordinate ECR (Engineering Change Request) activities across the planning function considering the implication on stock disposition, rework and resources, whilst ensuring MRP demand accuracy
- Review inventory of NPI stock for manufactured items and ensure stock actions are transacted in a timely fashion after milestone completion
- Investigate MRB stock discrepancies and support swift resolution
- Check the accuracy of the both master data and transactional data within the ERP or other site systems and highlight any exceptions to functional owners, e.g. Manufacturing Engineering, BOM control, Strategic Purchasing
- Monitor adherence to plan and escalate deviations to the delivery plan appropriately and provide inputs to the generation of recovery plans.
- Ensure full raw material availability to the operation in line with the schedule, covering both short and long-term horizons
- Participate in daily / weekly reviews, e.g. Quick Response Quality Control (QRQC), DLOB reviews, production review
- Request kits or shortages from stores in line with the production requirements
- Coordinate the overall logistics flow (incoming, internal and outgoing), including shop floor provisions and dispatch preparation
- Understand the Supply Chain Model (SCOUT) and support plans for processes to operate at the target maturity level for both MRP and Production Scheduling.
- Participate in a range of process improvement projects and initiatives.
- The responsibilities and duties listed above are indicative and may vary over time. The job holder is expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the role.
Key skills and experience required for Production Planner/Scheduler job applicant and will not be limited to:
- Working knowledge of Production Planning/ Production Control / Production Scheduling processes
- Demonstrable experience of MRP
- Ability to communicate across all levels
- Effectively work as part of a cross functional team
- IT literacy in MS office
- Resilience and ability to function in high pressure environment
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial concepts combined with a continuous improvement mind set.
To apply for this Production Planner/ Production Scheduler / Production Controller candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.