Find your new role
Interim Commercial Manager
|£550 - £650/day
|Contract 6 Months
Interim Commercial Manager required for an initial 6 month contract for a leading technology business within the defence industry, the role will be hybrid working with the office located in Bristol.
Key skills required for this role
commercial, manager, bids, tender, defence, aerospace
Commercial Manager with bid defence experience
- To provide contract management support to ongoing projects and commercial management and guidance in the preparation of Bids & Proposals in assigned area of responsibility, including Bid Finance & Cost/Pricing activities. This role will focus primarily on intra-company projects.
- Provide contract management guidance and advice to ongoing contracts. To protect the interests of the company and preserve intra-company trading principles, manage and mitigate risk and be a subject matter expert on contractual and compliance areas
- Support and training and development of the project teams, notably Project Managers, Project Controllers, Finance and Procurement to develop skills transfer and training plans to improve commercial awareness and skills across the organisation.
- Take responsibility for the compilation and timely delivery of Customer Proposals in support of bidding and business winning activities as assigned. Co-ordinating inputs from all relevant stakeholders and reflecting the agreed companies capture strategy.
- Work with all stakeholders, notably Finance to prepare bid costing/pricing data for internal Gate approvals, submission to customers, what-if analysis and negotiations
- Co-ordinate the schedule of Gate reviews to ensure the appropriate attendance and approvals in line with letter of delegation
- Support contract award, order booking, change control and terms and conditions flowdown and negotiation processes
- Provide as required support to the Bidding Team during contract negotiations with customers (internal) and suppliers.
- Draft and review contractual agreements including NDAs, customer and supplier contracts, teaming arrangements and the like as required
- Ensure the Company's ethic and compliance programme is applied as required
Essential Skills Required:
- 5 Years Commercial Management or Contract Management in a similar industry
- Has held the position of (Senior) Commercial Manager or Contract Manager
- Proficient and experienced in Costing, Pricing and financial proposals
- Skilled in risk analysis and risk management
- Comfortable with working under pressure and to tight timescales
- Patient & perseverant character
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player with "can-do" attitude & approach
- Methodical & disciplined approach with good "attention to detail" skills
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills/knowledge