Find your new role
|Contract 6 months
An experienced electronics Buyer is required for an initial 6 month contract position, working for a leading technology organisation.
Key skills required for this role
electronic component, defence, aerospace, SC
buyer with aerospace experience
- Liaising with peers from other functions and businesses and the Functional LT.
- Supports cross-functional teams in conducting Make v Buy exercises and developing and deploying commodity strategies.
- These strategies include:
- direct and indirect spend commodities,
- Target Return on Investment (ROI),
- Commodity risk management,
- Service levels, and
- Approved/preferred suppliers.
- Engages with Stakeholder Functional leads regarding supplier bid and selection criteria.
- Participates in supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Leverages commodity opportunities and synergies across the business.
- Ensures that strategies are in alignment with market conditions, requirements, goals and growth plans.
- Leverages supplier and industry capabilities in conjunction with Stakeholder functions to align functional strategies and identify gaps to link supplier capabilities with requirements.
- Supporting and leading the development of Commodity Agreements
- Supporting the development and management of tenders. Performs or supports cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations in order to create value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services
- Contributes to business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Works with suppliers and functional stakeholders to achieve collaborative partnering, strategic relationship management to deliver required service level KPIs
- Establishes and manages supplier relationships to include supplier continuous improvement/development goals.
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and policies and procedures.
- Actively promotes the contributions that the function can make to achieving corporate objectives across the organisation, with stakeholders and with the supply chain
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the organisation and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to perform effectively in a multi-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing of goods and services
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent IT skills and navigate though Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Email applications
- Good presentation skills
- Strong business / commercial acumen
- MCIPS / BA / MBA / B.Eng / M.Eng / MSc or equivalent
- Experience in Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
- Exposure to working in a commodity area
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating Low/medium complexity non-standard agreements
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement / material receipt processes
- Experience of developing and managing Subcontractor Relationship Management and collaborative working
- Working in an Electronics Commodity / dealing with Electronics suppliers
- Power BI experience
- Knowledge of import / export legislation and logistical requirements
- Experience of working with international suppliers/programmes