|Due to our phenomenal growth, we are seeking a Buyer to join the Supply Chain team. The postholder will participate in and may lead the development and execution of sourcing initiatives for Direct purchases from the Civil/ Mechanical and Electrical market sectors. Involvement in Indirect purchases may be required too.
|Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- The role includes understanding the business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
- Accountable for: - Working with the Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical market sectors and Engineering Managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies.
- The development of sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector / commodity strategies and specific business objectives (both local and international).
- Understands business requirements for third party goods and services.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of relevant supply market and sharing with key business stakeholders.
- Engaging the business and provide guidance on PSCM process and risk management.
- Manages supplier engagement and relationships.
- Ensuring the Supply Chain processes are implemented, applied and improved as required.
- Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience working in a multi-project, multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment with strong technical and commercial skills.
- Work as part of a team of Procurement and Supply Chain professionals with the ability to adapt to project dynamics.
- Strong influencing and communication skills with the ability to effectively engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience working with contractor organisations.
- Previous Energy, Construction, Solar PV and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) experience is desirable.
- Strong organisational skills along with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
- At least +4 years of demonstrable Procurement and Supply Chain experience.
- Commercially astute, able to identify key value drivers.
- Self-driven and self-motivated.
- Good organisation skills including attention to detail.
- Team player. Used to working under pressure and meeting deadlines in a very demanding environment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with both, internal and external stakeholders.
- Keen to develop in a fast-growing company.
|Qualifications & Experience
- HND/ Degree in Engineering/ Science or related Supply Chain Management qualification e.g., CIPS.
- Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable.