Due to phenomenal growth, we are seeking a Contracts and Procurement Lead, as part of a growing Supply Chain team. The postholder will be responsible for leading on the pre and post contract award management.
Key skills required for this role
Contracts, Procurement, Energy, Mechanical, Civils, Engineering, CIPS, Solar, BESS
Procurement & Contract strategy Management, Multi Project, Civil/Mechanical Experience, Senior Negotiator
Leading renewable energy organisation is growing and seeking a procurement and contracts lead to join their supply chain team at their HQ in Aldermaston.
With a global focus on climate change, there has never been a better or more exciting time to join as we look to expand our footprint in Europe and accelerate the transition to net-zero.
|Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities|
Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- To lead on Contracts and Procurement strategies on behalf of the Supply Chain team
- To ensure that all bid and project contract documentation is incorporated/negotiated in flown down terms with Suppliers/Subcontractors to minimise risk and to keep within budgets.
- To drive negotiations with Suppliers and Subcontractors to achieve the best commercial outcomes and ensuring that contracting principles are adhered to.
- To collaborate with internal stakeholders including but not limited to Project Managers, Legal and Finance Business Partners
- To provide Contracts and Procurement advice to the Project and other functional stakeholders.
- To coach junior members of the Supply Chain team in best Contracts and Procurement practices.
- To build Supplier and Subcontractor relationships through maintaining knowledge of the Supply Chain though training and attending Conferences and networking Events. To share pertinent supply chain information with stakeholders to ensure we retain in a leading market position.
- To generate reports and undertake benchmarking for the Head of Supply Chain to help inform them on strategic decision making and the success of the Contracts and Procurement function.
- To carry out all work in accordance with the rules applicable within the company and the applicable laws and regulations in the field of health, safety, the environment and quality (HSEQ);
- To report any situation that may be suspected of posing a risk to health, safety, and the environment or quality; and,
- To ensure safe working conditions and working methods that meet the requirements set for the performance of the work in question.
Skills & Competencies
- Experience working in a multi-project, multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment with strong technical and commercial skills.
- Experience of working as part of a Supply Chain team with the ability to adapt to project dynamics.
- Contract and Procurement management experience alongside the administration of contracts.
- Previous renewable energy experience is desirable.
- At least +8 years of demonstrable Supply Chain experience.
- Excellent team player and ability to work to challenging timelines.
- Advanced influencing, communication and emotional intelligence skills.
- Good organisation skills including attention to detail.
- High level of self-motivation.
- High standards of work alongside being an effective problem solver and skilled negotiator.
|Qualifications & Experience|
- HND/ Degree in Engineering/ Science or related Supply Chain Management qualification e.g., CIPS.
- Membership of a relevant professional body is desirable (i.e., CIPS).