Find your new role
Operational Project Buyer
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000/annum|
Barclay Meade is proud to be partnered with a growing Nuclear organisation who are expanding their procurement team and looking for a procurement specialist.
Key skills required for this role
Operational Buyer, Regulations, Energy, Procurement, Purchasing, Project
Procurement experience in a regualted environment, effective communicator
- Maintain Project Supply Chains by measuring suppliers based on technical, cost, quality, environmental, delivery and their associated terms and conditions of trade to maintain a resilient Supply Chain.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships within the business and the project teams to ensure effective integration.
- Assist the Project Managers/Engineers to prepare and develop the Project Procurement Plan and Procurement Schedule.
- Used to dealing with confidential and commercially sensitive information
- Provide advice and support to the downstream bid process through the analysis of the objectives and provision of procurement strategies to fulfil cost, time, and quality requirements.
- Manage and control the Supply Chain quotation and tendering exercises to ensure compliance with business processes and ensure that appropriate evaluation in accordance with business processes is undertaken.
- Ensure customer contractual and quality requirements are suitably flowed down to the Supply Chain and that the terms fulfil the requirements of the business, the project and defend the company position.
- Assist the Procurement Lead with the management of the supplier database and rationalisation where appropriate.
- Assist the Procurement Lead with the maintenance and development of the company's procurement processes and procedures.
- Effective communicator through all media and with people at all levels within business
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of colleagues at all levels and with external stakeholders and contractors
- Preparation of reports, proposals, associated documentation and business case / submissions
- Proven presentation skills
- Able to organise and prioritise own work, yet with proven ability to support and work within a team
- Delivers to project outcomes/ deadlines
- Confident communicator at all levels of business interaction
- Team player who integrates well and works effectively with personnel from all disciplines
- Customer focused with strong sense of business and commercial awareness
- Able to travel to site and undertake site-based / client liaison activity as necessary
Skills and experience
- Experience of working with a variety of standard Contract Conditions is desirable
- Aware of procurement systems and processes
- CIPS or equivalent is desirable
- Used to dealing with confidential, commercial and security classified information
- Well organised with the ability to work to timescales and demonstrate attention to detail.