Find your new role
|Salary||£350 - £351/day|
|Location||Kingston upon Thames, England|
Hybrid working - 2/3 days on site
£350 a day
Key skills required for this role
Oil and Gas/Vessel/Offshore
Oil and Energy/Offshore/Gas/Vessel
Working for an advanced technological and engineering platform for the design, construction and operation of safe and sustainable complex infrastructure and plants.
They are currently looking for an experienced Senior Buyer to join the team based in Kingston. Candidates should have expeirence in the preparation / negotiation of major vessel contracts.
* Preparation/negotiation of major sea transport and offshore construction contracts and agreements and keep track of the relevant documents.
* Assist Commercial department by obtaining quotations, assisting with technical evaluations, leading commercial and contractual negotiations including nominated subcontractor agreements.
* Develop a department supply chain data base of global providers for offshore construction and heavy transport vessels alike.
* Review and assess commercial and contractual aspects of variation order requests.
* Liaise with department and project staff in relation to purchasing requests and keep them informed on technical, price and availability matters.
* Perform other departmental duties as necessary when departmental members absent.
* Ensure activities comply with Government acts and statutory regulations.
* Any other duties within own experience and capability as advised by Department Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Proven vessel chartering experience.
* In depth understanding and experience of negotiating BIMCO charter party contracts.
* Member of a Purchasing Institute preferrable but not essential.