Find your new role
Supply Chain Administrator
|Salary||£28,000 - £32,000/annum|
|Job type||Contract TEMP TO PERM|
The Supply Chain Administrator is to provide administrative support across the planning, procurement, and stock control functions of the Supply Chain Department. The role will be a temp to perm position based in Southampton.
Key skills required for this role
Manufacturing, supply chain, purchasing
Supply Chain administrator to support the purchasing team
- Action inventory transactions (job issues, stock adjustments, etc.).
- Digitisation and management of records, (e.g. delivery notes and POs).
- Job maintenance and issuing paperwork including job travellers, picking lists, sales dispatches, manifest, etc.
- Loading enquiries, new orders, and maintenance of existing orders to ERP system.
- Maintain build packs and ensure aftermarket database record is generated.
- Maintenance of inventory and procurement data within the ERP system.
- Maintenance of Sub-con PO's / jobs including ensuring free issue stock is transacted and send out within agreed schedule.
- Master data parameters adjustments (HS codes, CoO, CoC, COSHH, inspection, shelf Life and expiry date products checks).
- MRP housekeeping reports (inspection clearance, received but not transacted, invoiced but not received, sub-con processing, and jobs completion).
- Preparation of Supply Chain KPIs.
- Processing customer price enquiries.
- Processing of jobs in line with build/shipping plan, ensuring schedule adherence, and communicating deviations and risks as necessary.
- Safety stock and consumables stock maintenance e.g. reordering of cleaning supplies.
- Serial number generation and management.
- Supporting purchase order management (placement, expediting, delivery).
- Take active part in continuous improvement activities, perpetually looking for opportunities to improve business and supplier performance in terms of cost, quality, delivery, and working capital.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- MRP/ERP literate.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience within a manufacturing or engineering business.
- Purchasing or production administration experience.
- Recognised business administration qualification (NVQ, Diploma, BTEC, etc.).