Find your new role
|Contract 6 months
Materials controller role - Initial 6 month contract, Day rate £218, Hybrid working.
Key skills required for this role
Providing inventory control and expediting for the relevant asset area ensuring all materials required for maintenance, Projects and related functions are delivered on time keeping with inventory levels within targets. Delivering in conjunction with Commercial and Engineering to ensure the performance, safety and cost of the asset base are optimised from a whole life perspective.
Support Materials Manager in establishing materials management capability to support current and future business requirements.
- Take stock control and expediting of designated groups of stock items to ensure optimum holding to meet availability requirements in a timely manner.
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place to maximise stock availability to meet customer demand.
- Ensure all inventory master data is kept up to date.
- Develop an expediting system to ensure on time deliveries to meet business demands.
- Develop a de-expediting system to support stock optimisation.
- Assist with continuous improvement agendas for materials and purchasing activities.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with statutory obligations, operational standards and safety and security risks.
- Accountable for being an authentic role model for diversity and inclusion. Driving positive and progressive change within the team to achieve measurable improvements in diversity and inclusion.
- Deliver the end to end approach to Materials Management.
- Compliance with Materials Management policies, processes and toolkits to facilitate good practice, maximising business benefits and compliance with corporate governance across LU that's scalable to the organisation
- Use of appropriate systems to support Materials and Plant Management to deliver process and data efficiencies.