- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Bid Co-ordinator, working for a leading Defence & Aerospace client, based in Cheltenham.
Salary: 27k - 30k + company benefits.
***Applicants will need to meet SC level Security Clearance***
location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England, UK
time type: Full time
As a Bid co-ordinator you will be responsible for collating all required bid information (non recurring and recurring costs) across PCS and ensuring that the data is suitable for pricing and proposals.
Wherever possible, we will consider a variety of working options to suit your lifestyle, whether that be hybrid home/office working, flexible working and part or full time employment. It's the 'innovating' and 'empowering' values that we ASPIRE to be. We welcome the challenge to work in new ways and have trust in you when getting the job done because we recognise, our business is our people.
- Liaise with and manage Engineering, Programmes, Procurement and Manufacturing departments to obtain the information required to compile the bid.
- Delivering compliant bid inputs on time to the Bid Manager and sales team, using the IPTs, developing a bid submission pack and ensuring all bids have the right level of customer deliverables (e.g., Exec Submission, Technical, Commercial).
- Flow bid information into the pricing model and agree correct rates and margins required for SLT sign off with sales team.
- Appropriately challenge bid estimates to enhance our Pwin or potential margin.
- Arrange all necessary review and sign off meetings
- Creating and delivering winning bid proposals on time to the sales and marketing team.
- Monitor bid progress and ensure all are delivered to the date mutually agreed with the Sales team.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Communicate and embody the company vision and values
- Able to accommodate regular domestic and international travel if required.
- Communication skills are key to increasing management's effectiveness with both superiors and subordinates
- Leadership skills are pertinent to providing and seeking out continuing education opportunities and fostering a growth mindset
- Delegation skills are crucial in identifying the best person (or people) for a particular task and act as a facilitator to motivate and direct the work
- Time management skills are important in prioritizing tasks to ensure that projects are completed by deadlines and streamlining processes to maximize productivity
- Negotiation skills are necessary for closing on opportunities for new business and follow-on work
- Decision-making skills are key to weighing the costs and benefits of various options and determining the best course of action to achieve company goals
- Problem-solving skills are crucial to analysing past and current performance and recommending objectives to improve productivity and profitability
- Demonstrate a tenacious, logical and determined working style with strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse team to deliver results in a timely manner required.
- Use own initiative within the scope of the role.
- Plans own work to ensure on time delivery.
- Seeks solutions to problems encountered.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in programme management, design, development or manufacturing environment
- An understanding in commercial negotiations and negotiating
- Experience in delivering complex bids
- Must be a UK citizen and have the ability to achieve SC (Domestic and international travel may be required
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
The Cheltenham office has free parking, onsite restaurant and local transport links.
In addition you will receive:
- Flexible working within core working hours
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days plus bank holidays.
- Early Finish on a Friday
- 4 times your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (benefits such as, new car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, health screening and more!)
- Pension Scheme - Less than 5 years' service up to 5.5% employer contributions, 5 years' service + up to 7.5% employer contributions.
- Sports and Social club
- Supportive and friendly working environment with regular team events
Due to the nature of work undertaken applicants will be required to meet SC level Security Clearance.