- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Barclay Meade are proud to be partnered with a leading food organisation who are recruiting for a Category Manager to join on a permanent full time basis from either the London or Reading office.
The key purposes of the roles is to help identify and deliver cost reduction opportunities across Profit Centres. In addition, the role will support the Senior Category Managers drive and implement best practice procurement processes and significantly improve operational stakeholder engagement whilst ensuring that the optimal balance between value for money, innovation, quality, service, and cost savings are achieved.
The Category Manager will be responsible for Indirect Services (i.e Tech, I.T & services)
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
- Understands business strategy and how it impacts our procurement services
- Supply chain negotiation management & contracting
- Participates in and implements procurement transformation throughout CH & Co Group, by working with stakeholders and responding to any issues or suggestions relating to Procurement.
- Responsible for the Cost Base Reduction in net pricing for your category
- Communicates the value of the Procurement function to the wider business
- Work with Senior Category Managers to design and implement category strategies that deliver financial and other performance targets such as Cost, Quality, Delivery, Innovation and Risk Management.
- Ensure that the optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and excellent customer service for all Brands.
- Contribute and support the business in the ongoing development of the purchasing strategy for categories under review by the Senior Category Managers.
- Full understanding of your categories with short, medium & long term objectives in place.
- Manages tactical supplier relationships and categories of expenditure.
- Use supply market knowledge and tools to drive the decision making process.
- Leads and facilitates appropriate supplier/cross-functional workshops to seek and implement innovative and value adding ideas and proposals from suppliers.
What's in it for you?
Working here has it's perks! People are at the heart of everything we do, so we've developed a range of benefits to keep you happy.
- Personal Development and Training opportunities
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Private medical eligibility
- Eye care
- A great wellbeing strategy - including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, salary finance
- Family friendly support
- Regular social events and communication with our leaders
- A holiday purchase scheme
- Volunteering days
- Professional subscriptions
- Recognition schemes and people awards
- Long service awards
- Access to some great high street discount vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme