- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Buyer / Procurement Officer
A leading multi-national aerospace & defence manufacturing business are currently recruiting for a Buyer / Procurement Officer in Bristol (hybrid working) on a permanent fulltime basis.
A leading multi-national aerospace & defence manufacturing business are currently recruiting for a Buyer / Procurement Officer in Bristol (hybrid working) on a permanent full time basis.
The Buyer / Procurement Officer will be responsible to create, validate and processing purchasing orders from requisitions through suppliers, obtaining quotes, agreeing terms & conditions in conjunction with commercial and wider operations, securing order acceptance, progressing chasing and tracking OTD to quality performances.
Role - Buyer / Procurement Officer
Location - Bristol (hybrid working)
Type - Permanent
Salary - £30,000-£40,000
Key responsibilities of the Buyer / Procurement Officer role and not be limited to:
- Working within the ERP system, management of the individual purchasing requirements from demand to receipt
- Work collaboratively with other departments, such as programmes, bids, engineering, production operations and quality
- Support to Supplier assessment and approvals
- Supplier selection eg tenders, price lists/price breaks, frameworks, review of quotations
- Supplier performance monitoring, expediting, problem resolution
- Procurement planning and continuous improvement
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, supplier relationship management
- Identification of alternate or second sources, and monitoring of supplier risk and financial robustness
- Monitoring of long lead items and obsolescence stock and reporting.
- Rejection of items and disposals/repairs in line with security guidance and environmental requirements
Key skills and experience required for Buyer / Procurement Officer role and not limited to:
- Proven experience as a Buyer or a similar purchasing role
- Good communication skills and team player
- Experience in using ERP/MRP systems
- Must be eligible to gain UK Security (SC) clearance
To apply for this Buyer / Strategic Buyer / Procurement Officer candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.