- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Buyer is required for a 12 month contract working for a leading Aerospace organisation, the role will be working within a team of 6 buyers, working 20% on site.
Job purpose is to agree contracts with a supply base to acquire specific goods and services for internal and external customers on time and within budget and to the correct quality standard. Critical to this role is the requirement to prioritise the work in order to discharge tasks and activities effectively to meet the needs of the business. The person will conduct procurement activity in a way that optimises commercial advantage for the business and minimises risk.
The person will request, collect, analyse and interpret information collected from established and potential supply base to support the bid process and subsequent management of the supply chain through the provision of timely and sufficient commercial information.
Issue tender for spot requirements or for long term agreements.
- Analyse the parts procured and put under contract.
- Assess the supplier's capability, capacity and KPI performance levels and to define the vendor list for the tender.
- Do the sourcing selections involving the internal stakeholder, when requested
- Issue the Purchase order and evaluate the supplier order acknowledgment uploading the system.
- Manage contract performances
- Manage Supplier and internal customer relationship
- Team Working
- Good communication skills including the ability to influence internally and externally and solve problems using own initiative or on occasion by seeking assistance.
- Good team working skills and capable of co-ordinating of some multi-functional team activity.
- Organisational awareness of Company functional areas and purpose.
- Computer literate (competent with SAP and other company standard software i.e. MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
- Relevant procurement or commercial experience with proven examples of performance improvement against core objectives (eg cost reduction, delivery schedule adherence, lead time reduction etc).
- Either proven ability to perform effectively in an equal or more advanced Procurement/Commercial position and/or ONC/HNC Business studies (or equivalent) and or MCIPS Corporate qualification.
Have and maintain a valid driving licence