- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
My Client is a market leading environmental sensor company working in a variety of industry sectors, who are looking for a highly efficient Sales Administrator to work within the Operations Team.
- To progress purchase orders from customers, matching to any existing quotes, inputting to the Company ERP and CRM systems, ensuring all internal vetting processes are completed and any export control requirements highlighted prior to confirming acceptance of the order.
- Progressing and emailing sales order acknowledgement to customers and keeping the customer regularly informed on sales order status.
- Progressing requests for payment.
- To liaise with the Engineering team regarding more complex customer orders, to ensure all aspects of the products are accurately reflected in the production/ordering process.
- To coordinate optimal despatch dates with the Production team.
- To monitor delivery schedules and ensure the Production plans will achieve committed dates, where this is not possible, advising the external customer, sales and engineering staff, if appropriate, in sensitive customer situations, that alteration of despatch dates are necessary.
- Assisting with the compilation and reporting of key performance indicators and target service levels
- Supporting minimal paper/maximum digital office environment with scanning and file maintenance of documents.
- Entering and maintaining forecasts against sales order demand.
- Answering calls and responding to emails from customers.
- To contribute to the development of new working processes and practices to improve the efficiency levels of sales order processing across the Company.
- Previous sales order processing/quotation experience ideally within an engineering/ manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with ERP and CRM systems
- IT literate (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Personal drive and enthusiasm
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Tenacious/results oriented
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Good ability to work with others
- Ability to influence
- Knowledge of worldwide exporting/export licences
- Knowledge of import procedures including Inward Processing Relief (IPR)
Ideally educated to A level standard, preferably having studied a Business-related qualification.
Hours: 37.5 hours Monday - Friday (between the operating hours of 8-9am and 4-5pm). This is an office-based role and is not suitable for hybrid working.
Security Clearance: Candidates must be suitable for security clearance via MoD UKSV. 5 years residency in the UK is essential to obtain clearance.