- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
My client is seeking a Technical Buyer with experience of purchasing electrical components to join them on an exciting journey, this is a new role which has come about due to growth.
- Support the procurement team in the development of product category strategies by undertaking market analysis and research.
- Collate Request for Quotation (RFQ) responses and complete costing sheets
- Support buyers in the critical path management of pre-production samples for new tenders managed by the procurement team
- Understand and deliver to stakeholder requirements
- Produce and maintain information on suppliers and undertake due diligence on new suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers on quality problems in conjunction with company quality standards
- Maintain technical reference files for all bought components and related suppliers
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines and to procurement policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts
- Liaising with the engineering department on obsolete/alternative parts.
- New supplier set ups, sending out the set-up forms and liaising with accounts to have the accounts set up on CRM system.
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
Skills & Attributes
- High level of attention to detail
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Analytical, numerically astute, with strong problem-solving abilities
- Able to work well under pressure and to take Initiative
- Strong computer skills: use of MS office Applications, e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook, Macros
- Manage own work effectively with minimal supervision
- Work as part of a team and communicate well with all areas of the Company
- Good organisational skills
- Is self-aware, optimistic, and open to change
- Ability to follow accurately written procedures
- Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders, and suppliers
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
Education & Qualifications
- HNC/D in Electronic Engineering, or related subject