- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Financial Accountant - Newbury
Our Client is looking to recruit for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their friendly team based in Newbury.
Financial Accountant - Full time - Newbury
Our Client is looking to recruit for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their friendly team based in Newbury You will play a pivotal role in the following:
The job of the Financial Accountant is to provide support to the Financial Controller for all aspects of financial accounting and corporate reporting responsibilities - to both internal and external stakeholders. The role will also provide cover for other activities such as payroll.
Support the Financial Controller with all month end activities, e.g. management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, legislative reporting (e.g. VAT). Ensuring that the core ledgers, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and General ledger are reconciled, to underpin all financial reporting.
- Support and cover for Financial Controller on month-end activities, including (but not limited to); balance sheet reconciliations, journals, VAT returns, monthly reporting and analysis, fixed asset accounting
- Identity and implement process improvements related to the above
- Able to provide cover for the payroll as required
- Facilitate where possible the streamlining and improving of current processes, and the systemisation of manual processed.
- Support Financial Controller on periodic audits, including annual statutory and quarterly bank audits
- Assistance with the maintenance of the Finance System (Exchequer) e.g. creating new codes and maintenance of these across other systems, e.g. TRS Digital
- Support ad-hoc financial reporting as required by the Financial Controller
Required Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training:
- Part qualified ACCA
- An advanced knowledge of Excel, using complex formulas and data analysis sets
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong administration skills
- Able to work autonomously
- Desire for process improvement and challenging the 'as-is'
- Excellent analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills, with a willingness to support immediate team members
- Conscientious, confident, hardworking, team player
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility
- Good team player, willing to share knowledge and ideas and to learn from team members
Salary is dependant on experience and can be discussed with Kelly Rushton.
Please send your updated CV to arrange a confidential chat.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.