- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Our client are seeking an experienced buyer to join their team on a full time basis at their site in Aylesbury.
We are looking for a Project Buyer, who will be responsible for:
- Supplier Relationship Management.
- Tender / Benchmarking activities
- Identifying long lead and high costed items at project handovers.
- Material / inventory reduction management
- Liaising with the Production and Purchasing Manager to give live status reports and updates.
- Working closely with others in the department to identify continuous improvements to reduce time and cost.
- Managing projects from a procurement aspect from design concept through to delivery, ensuring material and pricing are to specification and budget.
- All other associated task to support the Procurement team as and when the business requires.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse cost effectiveness and make sound business decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities for multiple projects.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a high paced and demanding environment.
- Experience working with MRP & ERP Systems.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of purchasing concepts in a manufacturing environment.
- Level 4 or higher CIPS certification, a diploma/degree or relevant experience in a similar role
- Commercial experience in a manufacturing /buying /Procurement function
- Experience with Lean / Continuous Improvement activities.
- Ability to read and work with technical engineering drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge/experience with logistics.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Raising purchase orders in accordance with the MRP demands, and purchase requisitions in a timely manner ensuring they are raised correctly with accurate information to allow the purchase.
- Management of supplier relationships on a day-to-day basis chasing delivery shortage and requesting best price possible to keep costs under project budget.
- Managing supplier performance through OTIF, cost, quality and responsiveness through business reviews, phone calls and supporting the Purchasing Manager with quarterly business reviews.
- Identifying/creating cost saving opportunities within your area, working in a project format to help deliver that cost saving to the business.
- Preparing and supporting tenders for new customer projects.
- Representing procurement in various meetings to support production and give updates on deliveries to facilitate production scheduling.
- Resolving invoice queries with finance and suppliers to ensure payments are on time, this will include amending orders and communicating with suppliers on any invoicing errors.
- Reacting to production demand change where required to pull in material to meet requirements.
- Inventory management, ensuring stock is maintained at correct values / levels and managing excess inventory.
- Raising part returns to suppliers for faulty parts, working through corrective action and remedy with the supplier whilst monitoring and recording each occurrence.
- Adhere to any Health and Safety or environmental company procedure to maintain safety for self and others around.
- Preparing reports and updates as and when required.