- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Procurement Improvement Manager
Our client is a public body with an annual spend of 5 billion. This role is to oversee and contribute to the development and delivery of continuous improvements in support of efficient, consistent delivery across the procurement function.
This role will focus on enhanced systems, procedures, planning and capability to drive performance and deliver best in class outcomes in line with the procurement vision.
1. Oversee, lead, and develop workstreams for the effective application of consistent working practices and procedures according to priorities and to provide a high quality, accurate and timely service to meet business and customer needs
2. Manage several projects or workstreams to develop, improve and update the systems utilised in the contract lifecycle and contribute to developing existing guidance, training and support offered to operational procurement teams, and the wider commercial community. Report progress, significant variances, and risks to delivery
3. To coordinate and lead internal and external stakeholders in delivering commercial initiatives as required by changes to UK Legislation, Public Contract Regulations, and other policy requirements such as developing planning initiatives, publishing the Commercial Pipeline and strengthening the effective governance in delivering corporate plans
4. Encourage creativity and innovation in the team to embed a culture of continuous improvement seeking to add value to activities and outputs so that customers' expectations are not just met but exceeded
5. To work with HR and Learning & Development to develop the capability and development requirements of individuals and teams across the Division and to drive the development and delivery of a programme of formal and informal training and support to ensure that staff have the required skills and competencies.
Business Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience in working with varied commercial systems, with an understanding of how to operate and improve the end-to-end contract cycle using them
* Experience in leading and delivering varying aspects of commercial improvements. Be able demonstrate a record of creating improved working processes, developing systems and designing and delivering effective training to support that work
* Experience of working in a multiple stakeholder environment, developing partnership working and driving continuous improvement
* Experience of planning and managing aspects of the end-to-end procurement cycle
* Detailed knowledge of Public Sector Procurement regulations, policy and structures
* Excellent knowledge of contract related software packages (e.g. e-tendering, e-award, contract databases)
* Ability to prioritise effectively to manage multiple deadlines.
* Development of strong internal networks to facilitate data gathering and analysis.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word packages.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.