- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Finance Assistant, Financial Reporting, Financial Accountant
I am currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to provide some support to a fantastic team based in Southampton on a temporary basis (potential for this role to turn permanent). Plea.se see more details below.
Primary functions of this role are:
- Process and prepare financial and business forms and software for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Extraction and summarising financial information in preparedness for analysis by Financial Controller.
- Preparation of ad-hoc information as and when requested by the FC
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Reporting discrepancies
- Assisting with monthly preparation of management accounts
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly rolling 12 month P&L forecasts
- Accounts Receivable
- Inputting orders
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Booking receipts to Finance systems
- Perform month end account reconciliations as directed
- Transactional processing for Finance system
- Other tasks as and when required in accordance with experience or following appropriate training/mentoring
- Input accurate data into Great Plains (or other similar ERP systems)
- Ability to extract required information from Great Plains (or other similar ERP systems)
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office at an advanced level
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent organisation skills of paperwork and PC
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- At least 3 years' experience in Finance
- Excellent computer skills - specifically with Microsoft Office
- Highly motivated and highly organized with the ability to hit tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
Ability to work standalone and as part of a team depending on the situation
If you are interested in hearing more on this opportunity, please dont hesitate to get in touch with Melissa Dymock.