- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
My client is looking for an Inidrect Buyer to lead the indirect purchasing requirements of the Plant, at the right price at the right time.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage as a buyer in delivering on time and the best cost to achieve the plant targets on delivery performance.
- Delivering and executing robust plans for year on year performance.
- Work closely with category teams to identify opportunities for link and leverage.
- Building strong robust contracts with suppliers that perform all targets.
- Drive collaboration with business partners to achieve ongoing competitiveness with their business strategy.
- Ensure activities are performed with high integrity and in compliance with Global, Divisional and Site procedures and encourage Process and Systems Improvements
- Facilitate cross functional participation in all cost down initiatives including idea generation in the best cost spares and new equipment.
- Experience of suppliers and achieving joint goals.
- Commercially astute.
- 10+ years relevant experience in related automotive / engineering environment.
- Proven record in driving cost down options.
- Understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Be able to work, present and communicate within all areas of the organisation from shop floor to management.
- An appreciation of AS400 (SAP development) and similar systems.
- Ability to negotiate within an international business environment.
- Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to stay calm in high stress situations
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Team Orientated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline when required
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- To comply Safety and Environmental regulations such as PPE showing responsibility of personal safety and that of others.
- Treat work colleagues with respect. (Equality and Diversity)