- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
My client have a fantastic permanent opportunity to join them as a buyer.
My client are currently looking for an experienced electronic / electron-mechanical component buyer to join our expanding procurement team.
Location - High Wycombe
Salary - Competative (plus benefits)
. Placing, updating, and expediting Purchase Orders.
. Contract management: ability to identify potential problem parts at contract review.
· Confirming deliveries and prices etc on Purchase Orders.
· Material quotations for new & existing business to support the sales team.
· Liaising with both internal and external customers with regards to any queries, problems, issues etc.
· Negotiate on existing and new contracts to ensure best cost/service efficiency to the business.
· Proactively striving for cost reduction across the entire supply chain.
· Manage suppliers to ensure there is a professional and effective client relationship.
. Obsolescence Management
. Work with Finance to resolve invoice and supplier payment queries to support materials team in line with vendor payment terms.
· Ensure compliance procedures are met.
Skills and Experience:
. Familiar with electronics
· Excellent communication skills and have good attention to detail.
· Team ethos - proven ability to work as part of a team.
· An appetite for hitting targets and deadlines, flexible can-do attitude.
. Performs follow-up function to ensure delivery
. Problem solving and other tasks as required
. Previous/demonstrable experience in a Procurement role
. Excellent Excel and good Microsoft office skills