- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Our client, one of the UK's largest packaging distributors are hiring an experienced procurement individual supporting the retail division and the business development director.
You will play an integral part in providing solutions to new customers (major retail brands), using all of your experience and knowledge of manufacturers and the design process to ensure the correct materials and products are sourced at best price to enable fulfilment of the customer brief.
You will often be juggling several key customer projects, and all of this will be done whilst upholding our company wide national procurement strategy.
This will be a varied role with a wide span of duties and direct involvement with a range of internal & external stakeholders.
Procurement Manager Key Duties
- Management & development of supplier base to deliver maximum service for lowest cost and in line with KPI requirements
- Maintaining and developing key supplier/manufacturer relationships to source materials and product
- Staying abreast of the client brief, to ensure full understanding of the proposed design process and how this will impact on materials/products required
- Work closely with Business Development Director to help input to new business proposals and projects
- Ensuring all purchasing transactions are carried out in the most cost effective manner
- Ensure effective communication of the purchasing strategy throughout the national accounts retail division
- Management and responsibility of the 'On Time In Full' measurement for business area and associated customers
- Liaising with central procurement teams to ensure strategy reflects that of the wider company
- Effective management of any tender processes
- Undertake reporting & statistical analysis in relation to associated projects and any new product lines
We welcome applications from experienced procurement professionals who have a minimum of two year's experience in relation to corrugate or polythene and/or design lead packaging solutions.
Previous exposure to working with or alongside a national sales/national accounts function and/or major retail customers would be distinctly advantageous although not essential.
You will already ideally have enjoyed experience in line with most if not all the key duties listed above but be keen to secure a more varied and expansive role with the scope of progression.
Most importantly, you will have a strong yet effective leadership style, commercial acumen, and effective communication & negotiation skills.
Performing under pressure and to exacting time frames will come naturally to you whilst you will pride yourself on your ability to forge and maintain healthy stakeholder relationships.
It may also be in your thinking that you would like to accelerate your professional development and embark on CIPS accredited training, something that we can help to support you with.
It is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week Monday-Friday offering remote working but must be able to travel to mainly the Milton Keynes site and on occasion the Coventry site.
Company Benefits include:
25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
Free parking at many of our site locations
Range of company cars or cash allowance (including electric) for qualifying roles
Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
Tax free childcare (TFC) scheme
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.