- Looking to hire?
- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Our client are in the airspace industry and have the opportunity for an Indirect Buyer to join their procurement team in the Fareham area on a permanent basis.
Our client are in the airspace industry and are seeking an Indirect Buyer to join their procurement team in the Fareham area on a permanent basis. This will be a flexible working arrangement but you will need to be within a commutable distance from the office.
The indirect buyer will be responsible for supporting the corporate services categories in the implementation of the category strategy for a selected portfolio of spend across the business. The indirect Buyer will need to undertake sourcing activity to support delivery of category objectives. To provide data analysis to support the category in identifying opportunities to enhance value. To provide operational support for purchase order and supplier management.
* Undertake end to end sourcing activity for defined areas, in accordance with the Supply Chain process, using a variety of sourcing options.
* Take responsibility for specific sub-categories and/or suppliers at the direction of the Supply Chain manager and be the interface internally and externally for those relationships.
* Undertake effective supplier on-boarding and due diligence activity.
* Provide support for order management activity, including the creation maintenance and management of catalogues, and to act as the key interface between the category and Supply Chain Services.
* Provide data and reports to the category team, and use analysis to identify opportunities for potential cost savings and efficiencies.
* Renew Outline Agreements and create contracts in Ariba.
* Resolve operational day-to-day supplier related subjects.
* Act as the front line SCM interface for NATS' internal customers and suppliers for the nominated category.
* Demonstrate a deep understanding of the end to end Supply Chain process, developing strong working relationships with Supply Chain teams and business stakeholders, to provide support and optimise category performance, as well as continually enhance value for money (risk, cost and performance).
Qualifications & skills:
- A Supply Chain & Procurement professional with knowledge of Supply Chain and purchase order systems and processes, in particular SAP, Ariba and e-sourcing systems.
- Ideally with indirect category procurement experience in a centralised procurement function.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience working with internal and supplier stakeholders.
- Membership or working towards membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. CIPS)
- Demonstrable knowledge and skill in:
- Effective engagement with key stakeholders.
- Spend management and tactical sourcing, including e-auctions and negotiation.
- Spend analysis and reporting.
- Delivery of 'bottom line' savings.
Due to the nature of the business, you will need to obtain security clearance and have the right to work in the UK.