- Interim & consultancy
- Career advice
- Client portal
- About us
- Contact us
Material Flow and Lineside planners required for a large manufacturing organisation, supporting 2 major areas of the build phase.
- Responsible for creating an efficient material flow (onsite logistics value stream) and lineside layout plans and strategies, consistent with lean principles, whilst considering optimising the available storage space both in the warehousing areas and lineside.
- Achieving the targets mentioned above requires active involvement in the design of the material flow and lineside layout as a participant, co-ordinator or project leader in multi-functional international teams (depending on role).
- The job requires development of Material Flow and Lineside layout for all Assembly areas.
- A broad view of possibilities and options are needed to be generated in the creation of an efficient plan.
- An understanding of the cost and change management system is required with an ability to negotiate with process partners.
- The planning has a direct effect on the Physical Logistics budget, requiring an approach that always seeks to minimise total cost.
Independence, responsibility, decisions
- Responsible for selections of the appropriate options and solutions and for involvement in the high-level decision-making process.
- Responsible for reporting the implementation status in a timely manner and escalating where appropriate.
- Material flow process for new projects & models - direct consequence on budget & operational performance of Physical Logistics
- Space & layout requirements - having direct effect on plant capacity & structure development.
Influence on results
- Has an impact on the efficiency of the technology through reducing structure complexity whilst maximising direct delivery opportunities.
- Influencing Physical Logistics Operational Costs and space availability to utilise business effective solutions for appropriate space usage/lineside presentation methods.
- Should consider Environmental issues and impact e.g. energy consumption.
- Has responsibility for investment related to area of responsibility, e.g. for model programme project over €10M.
- Has responsibility to ensure that projects are delivered according to the business milestones / logistics phase model.
Knowledge Skills and Experience required
- Educational requirements: Degree with several years related experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing including assembly techniques, problem solving skills and project planning.
- Ability to lead a project.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Good office IT skills.
- Must be able to communicate with internal and external International partners and have the ability to sell concepts and communicate technical solution effectively.
- Must be flexible in time and work place (inc. temporary international assignments).
- Fully conversant with lean logistics / manufacturing reference principles
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.